The 2017 Powder Keg is coming fast to Lowes Creek, and there’s a lot going on with this year’s event. We’ve got a fatbike poker roll, snowshoe giveaways, awesome awards, homemade chili, and cool t-shirts, all in addition to the various snowshoe and fatbike event offerings.
Don’t miss out, and make sure you sign up before the next price bump. All the details are at CorbaPowderKeg.com. You might also want to follow the event on Facebook and Instagram, just so you don’t miss any updates.
Powder Keg Snowshoe & Fatbike Races
Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Lowes Creek County Park & Eau Claire Expo Center
FAT BIKE ACCESS – LOWES CREEK COUNTY PARK
Eau Claire County, in partnership with the Eau Claire Ski Striders and CORBA, is piloting access for fat bikes on groomed ski trails (skate deck only).
This is a pilot program and to ensure continued use please follow the guidelines below:
- FAT BIKES ONLY (3.5” OR LARGER TIRES)
- Tire pressure set at 10 PSI or lower
- Watch the thermometer – riding on ski trails is allowed at 30 degrees and below
- Watch the snow pack – If you leave a rut (1”-2”) please ride another day
- Fat Bikes are allowed on the skate deck only, do not ride the classic ski tracks
- Fat Bikes should travel the same direction as the skiers on the two wider hills (for safety of all)
- Allowing the skate deck time to “set” after it has been groomed = better riding and skiing
- Make yourself seen and use lights when riding in low light or after dark
- Fat Bikes are welcome on all single track trails
- FAT BIKES YIELD TO ALL OTHER TRAIL USERS
FAT BIKE ACCESS 2016-2017