Powder Keg Update

by Jereme on January 17, 2013

Logo for the 2012 Powder KegRACE UPDATE: We are still planning to hold the Powder Keg races, despite recent unfavorable weather conditions.

As of now, trail conditions are a mix of hard snow, ice and bare spots. Weather forecasts are inconsistent as to whether we’ll receive any significant snow prior to the event, so runners should prepare for the possibility of a trail run/hike instead of snowshoeing. If a trail run/hike is held, runners may want to consider some type of traction control device on their shoes, such as Yaktrax.

Bikers should be prepared for a firm, fast, slippery ride. If racing as part of a relay team, also make sure you are prepared for cold temperatures as you’re waiting for teammates to finish their laps. There will be a bonfire nearby, as well as the heated Expo Center.

If you haven’t signed up yet, there is still time to get the free Powder Keg winter hat being given to the first 150 registrants.  Pre-registration ends on Monday, January 21.  There will also be race-day registration onsite.  Visit the event page for full details.

Whatever the weather, we hope you are looking forward to joining us for the Powder Keg. Be sure to watch our web site and Facebook page for more updates.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: